With all the time and effort that it takes to research and write blog posts on a regular basis, it is critical to ensure that you are promoting your blog to gain new readers and links. Read on for our top tips on how to promote your blog for new and increased readership:
- Make it easy to subscribe. Add a button for RSS Subscription and/or make it clear how to sign up for email subscription. Once you’ve got readers coming to your site, you want to capture your audience.
- Consistent posting. Not only will Google keep coming back to your site to crawl it, your readers will too. For maximum results, try 5 days a week posting with regular promotion. You should be spending just as much time promoting your site as you are writing it.
- Share/promotion. Write some really useful and unique content i.e. ‘The Ultimate Guide to xxxxx’ and then distribute it around the web. Use your LinkedIn groups, Digg, other social bookmarking sites. The more useful the content, the more likely it is that others will actually share it for you.
- Blog Community. Spend just as much time as you do on your own blog, off your blog. Visit the sites of other blogs in your niche and spend time reading and commenting. The owners will return the favour and will visit you, and you will be exposed to your target market.
- NetworkedBlogs. Use this tool on Facebook to post any new content automatically to your Facebook Page.
- TwitterFeed. This is another automatic poster. You can set it up for Facebook, Twitter and other similar micro-blogging sites. However, give your posts the human touch for best results.
- Twitter. If your content is really link-worthy, then you are bound to get some re-tweets.
- Blog sites. Sites such as BizSugar and other niche portals, are a great way to bring in new readership.
- Guest blog. Traffic and new subscribers can result from writing free content for other popular blogs in your niche. Make a list of 10 popular sites and request to write for them.
What are some of the ways that you promote your blog?