Once you have an internet site that is getting traffic, it is possible to use this to increase your income. Sign up to one of the content ad companies and then every time one of your readers click on the ad shown, you will receive a commission. Let’s look at what’s involved.
Ads are shown based on relevancy. For example if you have a blog or site about tennis, the ads that will be displayed would be related to tennis racquets or tennis lesson videos. The more specific you are in your blogging – the more you could get paid as the ads will be more relevant to your readers.
There are several companies that pay commission for getting clicks from your readers. One of them is Google with their Adsense program. It is free and highly customisable including colours, text and even has a WYSIWYG editor that you can use. Each ad can be set to be a particular size and format. You can sign in at any time to see how much money you have made.
Another provider is AdBeans. Again, you will be paid per click and the ads can be blended into your site well too.
The internet is full of income opportunities – it just takes a little looking around to find the most appropriate methods. Happy earning!
Any website that provides ‘good’ content will improve their prospects of gaining repeat traffic. When I say ‘good’, I mean engaging, informative, well written and easy to read content. So what elements does ‘good’ content have? Here I share with you what makes a big difference for readers:
- Decide on the purpose. Every piece of content that you write should have a purpose and plan to it. Are you writing the content so that the search engines find you – or are you writing your piece as a useful resource for readers? Good content will usually meet both of these objectives in one.
- Share your opinion. Trust is what sells on the internet. The more that consumers feel that they know you, the more likely they are to buy from you. Show some of your personality so that your readers can see into your ‘world’ and get to know you more – and they will spend more.
- Show your authority. Writing content is an opportunity to allow your readers to see that you know what you are talking about. You are an expert on the niche and they will come back to read more about what you have to say.
Remember, the more engaging, educational and informative your content is, the more traffic you will generate. It really is worth the effort as not only will you gain more traffic, but you will gain more sales.
Getting to the top of the search engine results for more challenging keywords is possible – by using a workaround. This makes it possible to target the higher keywords with larger searches per month. You can gain exposure and clicks through to your site.
Here are some techniques that I use on my business to pull in some of that targeted traffic. Apply them to your business and you too will gain more traffic from your niche:
- First: Find Your Keywords and search. Once you have selected your chosen keywords, then look through the first 10 or 20 results that are returned on Google.
- Forums. If any of the sites listed have forums, then sign up and join in the discussion by answering questions, asking questions and joining in the banter. You can set up a profile and/or signature with links through to your sites.
- A free ebook. Offer a free copy of your ebook for one of the site owners to give away to their readers. The site will add a link through to your site.
- Provide engaging content. Submit content to a site. Be sure to write something that is unique, informative and engaging. Add your bio at the end with a link through to your site.
Success in affiliate marketing depends of setting goals. These have to be realistic and attainable. All over the web there are promises of making $1m here or driving a Lamborghini there or living a Caribbean dream lifestyle. However, the realism of affiliate marketing is a little different.
If you haven’t made your first dime in affiliate marketing yet – then you won’t be making $1 million by the end of the month. Sorry to break the bad news. However, the good news is that by setting realistic goals, you can build a good income for every month.
It’s important to set a fixed goal and without it, it’s very easy to get distracted by other ‘sideshows’ all over the internet. Goals are essential to keep the mind focused and action heading in the right direction.
Here are couple of realistic and achievable goals for the affiliate newbie:
- Make £100 through affiliate marketing by the end of the first month
- Make £2000 a month through affiliate marketing by the end of the first year
Setting up smaller goals that are more easily achieved will motivate more. Every time you achieve a goal, you will need to expand it to the next level up. As you meet your goals your income will snowball.