With so much effort going into link building externally, it is easy to forget the power that can come from linking internally on a site. This can especially help an older more established site that has not had an SEO makeover done on it.
If you have pages on your site that already have page rank, then you could be missing out on some great on-topic links that can push your site up the ranks. Search engine ranking has a lot to do with website structure and internal links. Think about that small site that you know does not have many external links, but it still continues to perform well in the search engine results. It is most likely set up properly, themed and structured for a set of keywords.
Here are some tips for you to give an SEO make-over to an established site.
1. Limit outbound links (links going out from your page) to just 10 per page.
2. Anchor text should be focused, make sure it is optimised by using your main keyword/phrase on the page.
3. Optimise titles, descriptions and the URLs with your keywords. Ensure that you use H1 and H2 tags too.
4. Don’t optimise the page for more than 3 keywords otherwise you will lose some of the power.
5. Resize your images to reduce load time. Google considers how long loading time is when it is working out ranking. You may want to check your coding too to cut out anything unnecessary
6. If you don’t already have a blog on your site, then add one and watch how it can elevate your ascension up the search engines.
7. Rename the image files to match your optimisation, use the image alt-tags too.
With just a few tweaks, your website can start ascending the ranks. Don’t forget that our business is SEO, if you need a helping hand, then we can certainly help you out.