So you’ve decided that you want to sell products online. You’ve selected products, set up a website but are now at the stage where you are looking for marketing channels to promote your products. There are bucket loads of channels that you can use to market your products, whether they are affiliate products or even physical products.
Here’s a list of the most popular ones that are on the web. I suggest that you select a few that you fancy trying out and add them to your marketing plan. Assign a specific measurable goal on your plan too, for example, add 5 of your products to each channel. This will give you a clear idea whether the channel is suitable for promotion of a particular product. Once you find a channel that works for you – then you’ll need to scale up your efforts to make the best of it.
- Social media – Facebook and Twitter via news feeds
- Facebook – marketplace application
- Auction sites such as – ebay, plunderhere.com, bidville.com
- Pay per click advertising – such as adsense
- email marketing or newsletter
- ad in a printed trade industry publication
- local newspaper- in classifieds or via regular column
- blog posts
- ebook giveaway
- white paper
- local event sponsorship
- radio advert
- television advertisment
- online forums
- article marketing
- search engine optimisation
- free web seminars (advertise on Facebook)
- online directories such as hotfrog.co.uk
- relevant industry trade shows
- google products
There are plenty of other sites and methods that you can use to sell your goods. Many of the ones listed here are free – remember start small and once you find something that works, then build it up. Which ones do you use?